Carla Sonheim's class - 2014: Year of the Fairy Tale - Fairy Tale #1 - creating character

Do you like fairy tales?
你喜歡童話故事嗎?


I've been learning art with Carla Sonheim but this is the first time I participate the year-long class.  One of the biggest reasons for me to jump into it is that the class is to illustrate fair tales.  I want to know how to make it that may also benefit myself on creating my own story in the future.  Yes, I wish to print my own tale book but still did not make it even when I finished the year-long training with Ms. Lucy a couple years ago.  So I am going to see if illustrating fairy tales written by others can inspire me to work on mine since this online class is more dedicated for tale illustration.
一直跟著 Carla Sonheim 老師上課,但這是首次參加她開的全年性課程,參加這堂課最大的原因之一是因為課程內容為童話插畫。我想知道如何做童話插畫,並幫助自己未來創作故事。我很是希望能印製自己的故事書,但即使幾年前從 Lucy 老師的繪本師資課學習結業後,還是沒有做出來。因此,這次想看看能否從這堂專做故事插畫的課程中,藉由學習為現成故事畫插畫得到一些自我創作靈感。

The class has started from Monday and we are now exploring characters in our own styles. 
周一課程開始後我們就在探索自我風格的角色形象。


So we are doing sketches for faces as one part of the assignments.  After trying so many times, to my surprise I created this set of faces.  She looks delicate and that's something I'd never done before.
功課的其中一部分是臉的素描,試畫了好幾次,很驚訝自己畫出這組臉龐。這女生臉很精緻,超出我原來的畫風。

A couple of friends told me they like face number 8 the best, like I do.  Other than this one, I like number 1, 6 and 7.  Of course, they are all referring to the same lady.  I am not sure if I will use this style for fairy tale #1 but it's always good to discover myself by attempting various styles, especially when the result pleasantly surprise me.
幾個朋友都最喜歡 8 號臉龐,我也是,此外我還喜歡 1、6 和 7 號臉,當然這些所描繪的都是同一個人。我還不確定是否決定以此角色做第一個童話的女主角,不過,透過嘗試各種風格發現自己總是好的,尤其是當成果令人驚喜的時候。

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Fearless and Fly - Second Challenge

Play