Carla Sonheim's class - 2014: Year of the Fairy Tale - Fairy Tale #1 - frog character

What does frog relate to princess?
青蛙跟公主有什麼關係呢?


"Oh, the prince!"  You might say.  The Frog Prince is probably the one we hear about most often in such case.  However, this is not the same fairy tale we are working on now.  Authors like to link frogs to the royals, as you should be able to figure out, to create a huge contract to beauty and happiness that the royal members are supposed to have.  Of course, in a fairy tale, usually it is beautiful and happy ending only to be revealed as the story goes.
你可能會說:「是王子吧!」青蛙王子可能是這類故事我們最常聽到的了,不過我們現在練習的並非青蛙王子的故事。你可能也猜得到,作者們喜歡把青蛙跟皇室的人物做連結,來對皇室成員所擁有的美麗與幸福做強烈對比。當然,在童話故事中,隨著故事發展揭露,通常到最後也的確成就美麗幸福的結局。

So in our first tale to illustrate, there is a frog character and we spent some time to sketch real froggies from photos.  I have to admit that in reality I am not really into frogs and it made me so uneasy by going through a bunch of frog web pictures.  The first round was really tough for me.  On the second set of sketches, I started adding my own style and imagining my frog character's scenes in the story.  This time I focused on frog's face and eyes expression and more loose lines to depict its toes.  By doing so, I was totally fascinated by this little creature and at the result appeared that some of the sketches can seemingly be used in the story.
在我們練習插畫的第一個故事當中有隻青蛙的角色,所以我們也花時間從照片素描真實青蛙模樣,我必須說,實際上我並不是很喜歡青蛙,所以邊看著網頁成堆的青蛙照片邊素描的感覺並不是很舒服,第一輪畫得很辛苦。到了畫第二組素描時,我開始加入自己的風格,邊畫邊想像我的青蛙角色故事中的場景。這次我專注在青蛙的臉部表情和眼神,用比較鬆的線條描繪蛙趾,畫著畫著,竟然就被這個小動物吸引住了,感覺畫出的幾隻青蛙中,好像有幾張圖已經可以用到故事畫面裡了。


It is so much fun doing these drawing assignments and the class really is helping me a lot to learn and enjoy creating illustration art.  I think I am also getting to understand more about the process a story book illustrator would go through for their works.
這些畫畫作業真有趣,課程對我學習創作插畫很有幫助,我想我逐漸也更了解故事書插畫作者作業時所經歷的過程了。

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Fearless and Fly - Second Challenge

Play