Art Exploration - Acrylic Tracing Pattern x Watercolors

So this is what I worked out by trying one of the exercises in Carla Sonheim's book - "Drawing Lab for Mixed-Media Artists: 52 Creative Exercises to Make Drawing Fun".  I really like the Lab Series art books, by the way, which is really inspiring and fun indeed.  I also bought "Paint Lab: 52 Exercises inspired by Artists, Materials, Time, Place, and Method" and it is a great book to have, too.

Okay, so the exercise I was doing there is tracing patterns with acrylic paint - black paint.  I was amazed how vellum paper can be turned into tracing paper and even with the bonus effect of those side marks.  That really made the outcome a little feel of black-print and I like that.

I traced the bunny on several watercolor paper postcard and colored the background with watercolors.  Then finished them up with stamps and masking tapes to decorate.  They became very sweet give-away items and to my surprise they were quickly requested and taken when I launched the give-away on my facebook page.  I am happy that people like this type of art.  This is a good motivation for me to create more with this technique that I like too.

試做了網路有名的複合媒材老師 Carla Sonheim 的「Drawing Lab for Mixed-Media Artists: 52 Creative Exercises to Make Drawing Fun」一書的技法,做出這些作品。順帶一提,我很喜歡 Lab Series 這系列的藝術書,內容有趣又有啟發性。我還買了「Paint Lab: 52 Exercises inspired by Artists, Materials, Time, Place, and Method」這本書,也很推薦。

這些是用壓克力顏料 (黑色) 所描出的圖案,把描圖紙變成複寫紙的效果令人驚艷,圖案外所沾到紙上的痕跡,還呈現出有點版畫的味道,也是我自己很喜歡的感覺。

在水彩紙明信片上描出兔子,然後以水彩上背景顏色,最後蓋上印章圖案、貼一些紙膠帶做裝飾,就變成了可愛的小贈品,出乎我意料是,在臉書上發佈贈送活動不多久就索取一空。很高興大家喜歡這樣的作品,這讓我有動力,繼續用這個我自己也很喜歡的技法,繼續試試更多作品。


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Fearless and Fly - Second Challenge

Play