Fall in Love with Sea Turtles


So in addition to making art, I have a real side job as part-time translator.  Days ago, I was translating a travel document and reminded of one of my own trips when the content there depicted sea turtles and their preservation.  Right after my translation work, I flew to my art journal and made this washi tape picture.


In 2007, I escaped from an unhappy ending of love story and traveled to Maldives alone.  Yes, Alone, all by myself.  I took my open water diving license and during the training I had a lovely encounter with a sea turtle that sneaked beneath my belly.  Without knowing this at first, I thought I did something wrong when some diving buddies gazed at me and gestured others to look over here.  I didn't realize it was a sea turtle under myself until a couple of divers started shooting with their camera.  It was a nice surprise underwater.

With this lovely memory, I googled for some facts about sea turtles and many incredible photos of them too. Since then I start drawing these charming creature. They are truly beautiful.


I think I will keep drawing and painting them.  Maybe they will take me to discover a whole new creative world.  Who knows?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Fearless and Fly - Second Challenge

Play